conservapedia 13 February 2013
The world's most famous secret Muslim. There's so much proof this one barely even counts as a secret anymore.
Then-Senator Obama wearing traditional African garb, a gift from his hosts while visiting Kenya
Public opinion polls show that despite liberal denial, at least one in five or 17% of Americans recognize that Barack Hussein Obama is a Muslim.. Obama himself has professed to be a Christian; When interviewed by Christianity Today magazine, Obama said:
- "I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life. But most importantly, I believe in the example that Jesus set by feeding the hungry and healing the sick and always prioritizing the least of these over the powerful. I didn't 'fall out in church' as they say, but there was a very strong awakening in me of the importance of these issues in my life. I didn't want to walk alone on this journey. Accepting Jesus Christ in my life has been a powerful guide for my conduct and my values and my ideals.
"There is one thing that I want to mention that I think is important. Part of what we've been seeing during the course of this campaign is some scurrilous e-mails that have been sent out, denying my faith, talking about me being a Muslim, suggesting that I got sworn in at the U.S. Senate with a Quran in my hand or that I don't pledge allegiance to the flag. I think it's really important for your readers to know that I have been a member of the same church for almost 20 years, and I have never practiced Islam. I am respectful of the religion, but it's not my own. One of the things that's very important in this day and age is that we don't use religion as a political tool and certainly that we don't lie about religion as a way to score political points. I just thought it was important to get that in there to dispel rumors that have been over the Internet. We've done so repeatedly, but obviously it's a political tactic of somebody to try to provide this misinformation.
Despite these claims, many Americans realize that he is, in fact, a Muslim.
The following is a list of items that indicates that Obama is a Muslim:
• Obama's unusual selection of Chuck Hagel, a former Republican senator most sympathetic to Muslim positions in the Middle East, to be Secretary of Defense despite intense objections by both political parties. Iranian State Press approves of the choice. 
• Obama seems to emotionally hold a Muslim view about Israel, in contrast with Americans who have been educated as Obama has. Obama has never visited Israel as president despite repeated criticisms of his failure to do so, he waited many days before even mentioning the rocket attacks on Israel in late 2012, and he doesn't appear comfortable even discussing issues related to Israel.
• Obama declared in prepared remarks, "The United States has been enriched by Muslim Americans. Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country - I know, because I am one of them."
• Obama's wife Michelle does not accompany him to Muslim nations because Sharia law would apply to her there; on a presidential trip she was with him until France, but then returned home.
• In prepared remarks in April 2012, Obama referred to Jesus as "a" Son of God rather than as "the" Son of God: "And for me, and I’m sure for some of you, it’s also a chance to remember the tremendous sacrifice that led up to that day, and all that Christ endured—not just as a Son of God, but as a human being."
• Obama's background and outlook are Muslim, and fewer than 1% of Muslims convert to Christianity. Although Obama attended a Catholic school while in Indonesia, he was a part of the Muslim society there.
• Obama's middle name (Hussein) references Husayn, who was the grandson of Muhammad, Only after Obama became politically ambitious did he declare himself to be a Christian, yet he never replaced his Muslim name "Hussein" with a Christian one as some do when they undergo a religious conversion. For example, when the Italian journalist Magdi Allam recently converted to Christianity, he took a new name: "Cristiano". When Saul became a Christian, he changed his name to "Paul"; when the famous boxer Cassius Clay converted to Islam, he took the Muslim name of Muhammad Ali. "It is common for those converting to a new religion to change their name on conversion" or adopt a Christian name at baptism. Obama also used his middle name when sworn in as President. However, even if he were actually a Muslim, he would not necessarily have to change his name according to Muslim tradition.
• Obama has said "John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith." in an interview with George Stephanopoulos discussing whether John McCain's campaign has suggested that Obama is not a Christian. George Stephanopoulos -- who had previously been a high-ranking Democrat in the Clinton Administration -- then suggested that Obama change his answer to refer instead to "Christian faith."
• He has said that "Islam can be compatible with the modern world."
• Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset," and recited "with a first-class Arabic accent" the opening lines: Allah is Supreme! ... I witness that there is no god but Allah ...."
• Obama stated that the Autobiography of Malcolm X, which was co-written by Alex Haley, inspired him in his youth.
• Obama raised nearly $1 million and campaigned for a Kenyan presidential candidate who had a written agreement with Muslim leaders promising to convert Kenya to an Islamic state that bans Christianity.
• Obama's claims of conversion to Christianity arose after he became politically ambitious, lacking a date of conversion or baptism.
• In 2007, while Obama was a candidate, the White House military office assigned him the Secret Service code name "Renegade". "Renegade" conventionally describes someone who goes against normal conventions of behavior, but its first usage was to describe someone who has turned from their religion. It is a word derived from the Spanish renegado, which originally meant "Christian turned Muslim."
• In the book Obama,"Renegade" his friends say that "he actually really wasn't much of a churchgoer." 
• On the 2008 campaign trail, Obama was reading "The Post-American World" by Fareed Zakaria, which was a general discussion of US foreign policy that was on the non-fiction best-seller lists for weeks. Although Zakaria had Muslim ancestors, he is a non-Muslim educated at Yale with a Ph.D. from Harvard.
• Contrary to Christianity, the Islamic doctrine of taqiyya allows adherents to deny they are Muslim if it would be dangerous not to.
Obama uses the Muslim Pakistani pronunciation for "Pakistan" rather than the common American one.
• Obama favors Pakistan, a Muslim nation, in its conflicts with India, a mostly Hindu nation. However, the Obama Administration's relationship with Pakistan could be driven by its critical role in the battle against al-Qaeda in Afghanistan.
• Obama was thoroughly exposed to Christianity as an adult in Chicago prior to attending law school, yet no one at law school saw him display any interest in converting. Obama unabashedly explained how he became "churched" in a 2007 speech: "It's around that time [while working as an organizer for the Developing Communities Project (DCP) of the Calumet Community Religious Conference (CCRC) in Chicago] that some pastors I was working with came around and asked if I was a member of a church. 'If you're organizing churches,' they said, 'it might be helpful if you went to a church once in a while.' And I thought, 'I guess that makes sense.'"
"I really endorse and support the policies that he has adopted," Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi said of President Barack Obama as reported by the Washington Post.
• Obama is mentioned as helping to organize the 1995 Million Man March led by black Muslim leader Louis Farrakhan from the Nation of Islam. 
• Obama visited "more than one mosque" in Kenya while on a political trip there but did not visit any churches, although there are a large proportion of churches and even a National Temple in Kenya.
• Obama enjoyed a bigger increase in voter support in 2008 (compared to 2004) by Muslims than by any other voting group, including blacks; "Muslim turnout in the U.S. elections reached 95 percent, the highest Muslim turnout in U.S. history."
• "President-elect Barack Hussein Obama has yet to attend [Sunday] church services since winning the White House earlier ..., a departure from the example of his two immediate predecessors." Liberal sources claim that this is due to security concerns. However, in general, Presidents rarely attend weekly church services while in office. Yet, the Obama family has attended Christian church serves at various times since becoming President in 2009.
• In 2009, Justice John Roberts failed to administer the oath of office correctly while Obama placed his hand on a Bible. To avoid any claims that Obama was not the real President because of mis-stating the oath, Roberts dropped by the White House to re-administering the oath the next day, but no Bible was used for that private re-do of the oath.
• At the G-20 summit in April 2009, Obama bowed deeply to Saudi King Abdullah, a Muslim who is also the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.
President Obama bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia - April 2009
Never before in the history of the U.S. has a president displayed such shocking deference to a foreign official and Obama has not bowed to any other royal leaders. Obama later stated, "We have to change our behavior in showing the Muslim world greater respect." Obama's spin doctors and left-wing apologists dismissed the obviousness of the bow. One anonymous aide stated, "It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah." However, in video of the incident, Obama's left hand can clearly be seen staying at his side until after he had finished his bow. Additionally, Obama also met with Queen Elizabeth, who is much shorter than King Abdullah, but he did not bow when he shook her hand and neither he nor the queen appeared to have any difficulty. (Many liberals and even a handful of conservatives have proposed that President Bush also bowed before King Abdullah. However, there is a vast, inexorable difference between bending down to receive a medal as Bush did and bowing in deference to a foreign leader as Obama did.)
• Obama required that a religiously affiliated college take the extraordinary action of concealing with wood the monogram "IHS", which represents the name of Jesus, during a speech by Obama there[Dead link]
• In 2006, Obama gave an irreverent speech about using the Bible in public policy. It resembled a stand-up comedy act, with Obama making fun of the books of the Torah, the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount and other key Biblical passages.
• In 2010, while Obama was president, the Missile Defense Agency changed its logo, incorporating a crescent and star. The new logo closely resembles that of the Iranian Space Agency. The new logo was designed in 2007, prior to Obama's election as president.
• In 2012, Obama participated in a $40,000 per plate fundraiser on Holy Thursday, which many devout Christians would find to be inappropriate.
• On September 25, 2012, in his address to United Nations General Assembly, Obama said that "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." This outrageous comment was predictably ignored by the lamestream media, but rightly highlighted by Conservative commentators.
• Obama's spiritual mentor of 20 years, Rev. Jeremiah Wright explained in an interview "that Barack Obama was steeped in Islam when he first met him,"  and said he “made it comfortable” for Obama to accept Christianity without having renounce his Islamic background. 
• Obamacare has a provision enabling groups that have a religious objection to the individual mandate and who have forfeited the benefits of Social Security (such as the Amish) to claim a religious conscience opt-out of the individual mandate. Muslims would not be eligible for a religious exemption from the individual mandate, although other online commentators speculate that Muslims would be eligible for a religious exemption.
• Obama further impedes the Christian faith on gay rights, telling military chaplains a statutory provision that would allow military chaplains to opt-out of performing gay marriages is “unnecessary and ill-advised,” but he signed the bill into law anyway.
• On more than one occasion, Obama verbally attacks the economic livelihood of Las Vegas for unknown reasons, and Obama has also criticized state lotteries despite being heavily favored by most Democrats. The reason may be that gambling is forbidden in the Koran and frowned upon by many Protestant denominations.
• The planners for the second Obama inauguration have announced that three Bibles will be used to administer the oath: Michelle Obama's family Bible for a private oath on January 20 and Abraham Lincoln's and Martin Luther King's Bibles on January 21.
Obama tries to downplay his Islamic background by claiming that his Kenyan Muslim father was a "confirmed atheist" before Obama was born, but in fact less than 1% of Kenyans are atheists, agnostics, or non-religious.
(This obviously does not completely rule out the possibility that his father was a member of that 1%, because his father was in the small minority that left Kenya to be educated in the US.) There is apparently no evidence of any Christian activities or local church participation by Obama while he was in Massachusetts from 1988 to 1991.
Finally, Obama abruptly left his radical Christian church in Chicago in 2008, when it became politically controversial, without first finding another church to join. On April 7, 2009, Obama toured a mosque in Istanbul, Turkey. 
Muslim agenda of the Obama administration
2 Little Voter Discomfort with Romney’s Mormon Religion. Pew Research Center (July 26, 2012). Retrieved on January 6, 2013. “Currently, 17% of registered voters say that Obama is Muslim”
3 August 2010 Pew Research poll
4 Q&A: Barack Obama. Christianity Today (January 2008). Retrieved on January 4, 2013.
5 Iran State TV Praises Obama’s ‘anti-Israel’ Hagel selection
6 REMARKS BY PRESIDENT OBAMA TO THE TURKISH PARLIAMENT (April 6, 2009). Retrieved on January 8, 2013.
10 http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina31103.htm. During the third and fourth grades, Obama learned about Islam for two hours each week in religion class, according to the LA Times. Campaign downplays
his connection during boyhood in Indonesia, Baltimore Sun, March 16, 2007
12 A Brief History of The Fourteen Infallibles. Qum: Ansariyan Publications. 2004.
13 al-Qarashi, Baqir Shareef (2007). The life of Imam Husain. Qum: Ansariyan Publications.
19 Christina Bellantoni, "Obama’s verbal slip fuels his critics", Washington Times
20 Barack Obama's Christian Journey | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008
22 For example, Obama writes in his own autobiography, "Only Malcolm X's autobiography seemed to offer something different. His repeated acts of self-creation spoke to me. The blunt poetry of his words, his unadorned insistence on respect, promised a new and uncompromising order, martial in its discipline, forged through sheer force of will. ... [E]ven as I imagine myself following Malcolm's call, one line in the book stayed with me. He spoke of a wish he'd once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged."
23  Text of the agreement, as three images: 
24 In his book, Obama oddly claims to have been baptized without giving his age or date, and later gave a date that postdates his political ambition (1992).
25 "'Renegade' Joins Race for White House", Washington Post, June 17, 2007. Retrieved on January 8, 2013.
27 Wolffe: President Missed Rev. Wright’s Racist Rants Because 'He Wasn’t Much of a Churchgoer' NewsBusters.org, June 16, 2009
30 Obama repeatedly pronounced "Pakistan" as "Pokiston" in the first presidential debate.
31 The Indian press has been highly critical of Obama about this. 
32 Obama, ACORN, and the churches SperoNews, October 7, 2008
33 Man's worst friend? By Dana Milbank, Washington Post, April 27, 2010.
34 [http://www.nowpublic.com/world/obama-organized-farrakhan-s-million-man-march, Obama Organized Farrakhan’s ‘Million Man March’, NowPublic.com, April 2, 2008
41 Where The Obama Family Has Worshiped In D.C.. Huffington Post (January 16, 2012). Retrieved on January 6, 2013.
42 Video of Obama bowing almost to King's waist
48 Georgetown hides Jesus' name at request of Obama's White House
50 US Missile Defense Agency Changes Logo to Obama~Islamic Crescent Hybrid!
51 Missile Defense Agency Logo – A new twist to the tale
52 FOX News: Transcript: Obama address to U.N. General Assembly (September 25, 2012)
53 FOX News: Media ignore Obama attack on ‘those who slander the Prophet of Islam’ (September 26, 2012)
54 Obama Called Our Most "Toxic" President, New American, July 20th 2012
55 Jeremiah Wright: I “Made It Comfortable” For Obama to Accept Christianity Without Having to Renounce Islam (Video Report), The Gateway Pundit, may 10, 2012
56 26 U.S.C. 5000A (d)(2)(A); 26 U.S.C. 1402(g)(1); "RM 10225.035 SSNs for the Amish and Mennonites (and Other Religious Exempt Communities)"
57 Does your faith free you from forced Obamacare?
58 Muslims Exempt from ObamaCare? FrontPage Magazine, Oct. 14, 2011
59 Obama calls Conscience Clause for Military Chaplains “Ill-Advised”, Fox News, January 3, 2013
60 Lawmakers upset over Obama's 2nd anti-Vegas remark, WashingtonPost, February 2, 2010
61 Pickler, Nebra (January 10, 2013). Obama To Use MLK, Lincoln Bibles During Oath At Presidential Inauguration. Retrieved on January 10, 2013.